We love that everyone is getting outdoors to enjoy nature during this unusual spring, but we’ve also missed seeing you for our regular public programs. As such, we’re excited to announce the launch of a new set of public programs that will be delivered online.
The online programs will cover a large range of topics and interests, and be aimed at different age groups—from family nature activities, to adults-only workshops, to programs that explore units from the Alberta Education K-12 curriculum. Most programs will require specific supplies in order to fully participate; these supplies will be delivered to your door the evening before the online program takes place.
As our very first online program, we will be offering a Mother’s Day Card Workshop for kids and teens aged 7 to 13. Celebrate the relationships that matter to you with a beautiful handmade Mother's Day card! In this online workshop, we will create a piece of art for that special someone. All skill levels welcome, and all materials provided except for glue and markers/pencil crayons.
Being our first public program delivered online, there may be some wrinkles to iron out. Therefore, the Mother’s Day Card Workshop will be free for the first ten households to email. These ten lucky participants must live within Red Deer city limits, so we can deliver both the workshop and their supplies at no cost. Please see the timeline, below, for more information on the Mother’s Day Card Online Workshop.
In future online programs, there will be a fee to cover the cost of supplies and delivery. These fees will be comparable to what you have seen for our public programs in the past. Advertised program costs will include supplies delivery within Red Deer city limits, but an extra fee of $4 to Penhold/Blackfalds, $8 to Innisfail/Lacombe/Sylvan Lake, or $12+ to Alix/Bentley/Bowden/Eckville/Stettler/Olds/Rocky will be applied as needed.
Timeline for the Mother’s Day Card Online Workshop
- Anytime before Friday, May 1, 2020 at 5:00pm:
- By emailing with this information, you agree to allow us to email you back a confirmation and further details on the online meeting.
- The first ten households to email with this information will be our lucky participants!
- Anyone who replies after the first ten people, but before the 5:00pm deadline, will be eligible for a discount on some of our other online programs. Details to be sent by reply email.
- Friday, May 1, 2020 from 6:30 to 8:00pm:
- Supplies for the Mother’s Day Card delivered to your doorstep.
- Our staff will ring your doorbell then walk a few feet away and watch to make sure you pick up your supplies. Please be home at this time to receive your supplies.
- Saturday, May 2, 2020 from 1:00 to 1:30pm:
- Workshop takes place over Zoom. Please ensure you have a stable internet connection and are able to connect to the Zoom meeting.
- The cardmaking workshop, for kids and teens aged 7 to 13, will be a step-by-step tutorial in real time. By the end, you will have created a Mother’s Day card.
- Before the beginning of the workshop, please have your supplies ready. This includes all the materials delivered to your door on May 1, as well as your own glue and markers/pencil crayons.